Join our team! Our available positions are below:
Business Intermediary Associate - Full Time
About the Company
Acuity Business Group is an experienced business brokerage based in Calgary and Kelowna. We specialize in representing small to mid-size businesses (annual sales $500k-$5M) during the sales process. We work with a variety of business owners in industries including manufacturing, industrial, retail, service, restaurants, franchises, and more. Acuity is growing, and we are looking for a highly qualified individual to join our team as a Business Intermediary.
This full-time Executive Sales position would work as an independent contractor, with a primary focus on representing those interested in selling their business, finding and working with buyers for Acuity listings. They would oversee the transaction, with support from the Senior Broker as required as well as a full-service Administration team.
This position would also assist in communicating with prospective sellers with a Broker Opinion of Value and additional support as they finalize their commitment to list their business for sale.
This position is solely commission based with unlimited earning potential. There is no capital investment required. This position will be based out of your home office.
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate must:
- Be comfortable with executive sales.
- Have varied business experience with preference given to prior business owners. Prior experience in accounting, law, finance, business administration, or sales and marketing is well suited to this position.
- Have the business acumen required to speak to high-level professionals, including lawyers and accountants while representing sellers who want to sell their business.
- Have financial resources or a second income source to manage during the first year of sales cycles.
- Have an understanding of financial statements and basic accounting principles.
To be successful in this role, the right individual will:
- Approach this role as a dedicated professional with the intent of establishing a successful career;
- Be a logical, proactive person who strategizes and plans for future growth;
- Be professional and pleasant, even in demanding situations;
- Relate to and earn the trust of small business owners;
- Demonstrate patience with buyers and sellers as they work through the sales process;
- Be willing to network and create relationships with industry professionals, as well as prospective buyers and sellers;
- Demonstrate strong time management skills, ability to respond quickly if required;
- Prove to be a good listener with effective communication skills;
- Have and maintain their own transportation.
Benefits of Joining Acuity Business Group
- Receive on the job guidance and support from day one, assisting current ABG clients and obtaining the skills to grow your own client base.
- Opportunity to work with ABG generated leads for follow up and closing, sourcing buyers and facilitating the negotiations with support from an experienced Business Intermediary.
- Benefit from full service administration team – focus on lead generation and transaction while the administration tasks are taken care of on your behalf. This includes preparation of Broker Opinion of Value and Comprehensive Business Reviews, as well as transaction documentation.
- Receive one on one mentorship with an experienced Certified Business Intermediary with additional accreditations through the Canadian Commercial Council of Realtors, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Certified Coaches Federation.
- Gain traction by establishing yourself as a broker with well established and professional brokerage with great references.
- Benefit from existing website, marketing practices and materials, listing site subscriptions, file sharing platform and customized CRM system.
- Access to customized forms, prepared specifically for business brokerage transactions.
- Have access to a vetted network of professionals such as lawyers, accountants and financial experts.
All applications must be received by email. Do not call. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.